Who we are:
Community Impact Newspaper (CI) is Texas’s fastest-growing news organization and the most distributed news source for relevant and useful information at the local level. Our award-winning newspaper now has 22 hyperlocal newspapers and reaches more than 1.7 million Texans.
We hold firmly to the belief that we are here to accomplish something great. We are driven to deliver the best to our readers, our advertisers and to each other. We define excellence as our minimum standard, and we achieve success by looking beyond traditional practices. We are uncompromising in our ethics and values.
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our rapidly growing product revolves around our core mission: to build communities of informed citizens and thriving businesses through the collaboration of a passionate team.
Working here can be a life-changing experience. We work hard and play hard - it’s intense, challenging and exhilarating. And that is exactly what makes being an Impacter so much fun!
The Customer Service Specialist assists the sales and operations teams by providing first rate customer service in managing the advertising artwork for new and existing accounts, handling the upkeep of client accounts and improving the overall work flow of day to day processes. The successful candidate will be confident, self motivated, assertive, energetic and passionate about their work. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment is a must!
- Create contracts and agreements in timely manner
- Write and submit change orders to be submitted in the event of contract changes
- Check all ads in savings guide and display for color and competition placement and accuracy of ad
- Manage the dummy by making sure the appropriate space is allocated to editorial; all booked ads are placed at the correct size, section and placement; ratio is calculated; and remaining space is regularly communicated to markets sales team
- Create new proposals, renewal proposals and insert proposals
- Reconcile the dummy with the sales runsheet to ensure the correct presence and positioning of all contracted advertisements of all contracted advertisements, as well as reflect any changes in layout as directed by editorial personnel
- Upload and maintain client coupons on impactdeals.com
- Work closely with circulation specialist to ensure that insert process is smooth, i.e. compiling the insert artwork and contracts to send to circulations specialist (when team has inserts) and using postal websites to narrow down insert proposals to certain carrier routes, neighborhoods, etc.
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at networking events and other external functions
- Assist in other duties as instructed or required
- Must be able to drive and provide own transportation and motorist insurance
- Must be punctual and maintain an acceptable attendance record
The Right Fit:
- 1-year prior professional work experience
- Bachelors degree in business, communications, advertising, marketing or related field
- Prior experience with other print publications a plus
- Experience and familiarity with customer management systems a plus
Bonus points for...
- Prior agency experience a plus
For a comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our website: