Blue Moon Special Sections
1. Amarillo Globe-News - "Globe News Center for the Performing Arts" What a great paper. Excellent photos and design.
2. Midland Reporter Telegram - "9/11: How we've changed" Most interesting paper, all the way through. Well done.
3. The Pampa News - "Wildfires" Very well done, everything was so vivid. Appreciate you made it a fund-raiser.
4. Lufkin Daily News - "A season to remember" Most enjoyable paper. Very well done.
1. El Campo Leader-News - "A salute to the Junior League World Series champions" Good layout, nice photos, clever ads.
2. Williamson County Sun - "Williamson County Parent" Very appealing to the eye. Good coverage, nice advertising.
3. The Graham Leader - "A season to remember" Great photos. Good job in a short time.
4. Copperas Cove Leader Press - "State championship" Laid out well on the page, good color.
Weekly Division A
1. Park Cities People - "25th anniversary" Very pleasing paper. Well laid out, great photos, most enjoyable read.
2. The Free Press, Buda/Kyle - "Celebrating 125 years" Very interesting, well done, nice history.
3. Pleasanton Express - "Celebrating 150 years" Nice cover, really enjoyed the photos. Well done. Nice to have the military page.
4. Bandera Bulletin - "150 years" Liked the cover, interesting, well laid out.
Weekly Division B
1. The Brackett News - "First hunting guide" Great information and hunting source. Covered it all! Great job.
2. Elgin Courier - "Third place World Series champs" No comments.
3. West Austin News - "20 years" Good theme carried from start to finish.
4. Lake Country Sun, Graford - "First annual fish photo contest" Cute idea. Great cover.
1. Midland Reporter-Telegram - "Fall sports preview" Excellent design throughout, especially the covers that just pull the read into the section. Comprehensive content, too.
2. Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - "Football preview" Brilliant theme, excellently rendered through cover graphics and carried nicely throughout the publication. Very appealing design from cover to cover with detailed content.
3. The Facts, Clute - "When I grow up" Thematically very original, and that innovative concept is carried nicely throughout the section...incorporating community submission.
4. The Monitor, McAllen - "Football preview" Really eye-appealing layouts throughout and some very attractive, originally shot photography. Innovative composition.
1. Boerne Star and Recorder - "Gateway to the Texas Hill Country" Terrific size of pub, nice page design. Creative ad design, interesting content.
2. The Light & Champion, Center - "Shelby County Pride" Nicely done, great photography, good copy writing, ad design terrific.
3. The Highlander, Marble Falls - "Home building & improvement" Good use of photography in stories, nice cover design, very interesting piece.
4. The Bowie News - "Fall sports preview" Great cover concept, nice layout, good ad design, nice use of color.
Weekly Division A
1. Jewish Herald Voice - "A Wedding to Remember" Great overall package for the bride to be. Loved the stories and information was a winner.
2. Duncanville Today - "Our town" No comments.
3. Lake Travis View - "Fall sports preview" Like the film strips. Photos were great. Nice job overall.
4. Burnet Bulletin - "Bulldogs" Great job. A very complete football tab. Really like all the color inside and the girls take on the sport.
Weekly Division B
1. The Community News, Aledo - "Parker County guide" Clean, sharp layout, great photography, superb use of color.
2. Hill Country News, Cedar Park - "Horizons" Good layout and design, photography and copy great!
3. Cedar Hill Today - "69th Country at the Hill Day" Great use of color, carries theme throughout. Photography is top notch, copy is very informative.
4. Dublin Citizen - "Fall sports preview" Great cover design, good photos (especially of team members, not just mug shots.) Good ad design, great content.
Weekly Division C
1. Ingleside Index - "Football" Nifty trick with the half and half. A very nice football tab.
2. Olney Enterprise - "Community Guide" A very nice community guide, local phone numbers and attractions, very thorough.
3. Ozona Stockman - "Welcome Hunters" Covers the whole spectrum of hunting nicely, including recipes!
4. The Eagle Press, Fritch - "Seniors" Stand out from other "graduation" sections by use of senior questionnaire. Makes for a more interesting keepsake.