The West News @ West

The West Times, a forerunner to The West News, was started in 1889 by Fred and Abe Whipkey. In 1905 it was sold to The Times Publishing Company. It consolidated with The West Weekly News in 1913 and the name changed to The West News. The Cechoslovak Publishing Company purchased the newspaper in 1936 and has been located at 214 W. Oak St. in West since 1938. In April 1973 it was purchased by current owners Linn and Sue Pescaia. The weekly newspaper has won four Texas Press Association awards and is the citys oldest business. The West News has always been printed on site and switched to offset printing in 1976. The West News currently prints for several newspaper publishers. Larry Knapek has served as editor since 1984. Founded: 1889
Phys_addr:
214 W. Oak St.  
Po_addr:
PO Box 38
Phys_city_st_zip:
West, TX 76691-1203  
Po_city_st_zip:
West, TX 76691-0038
   
 
Tpa_member:
Yes  
Texscan:
Phone_v:
254-826-3718  
Phone_fax:
254-826-3719
   
 
Email:
westnews@sbcglobal.net  
Web_addr:
   
 
Publisher:
Linn Pescaia  
County_name:
McLennan
Editor:
Larry Knapek  
City_pop:
2807
Ad_director:
Scott Knapek  
County_pop:
234906
   
 
Pub_days:
Thurs.  
Circulation:
2705
Page_size:
6x21  
 
Col_width:
1.9375  
Sen_dist:
22
   
Con_dist:
17
In_county:
$25.00  
St_rep_dist:
12
Out_of_county:
$30.00  
 
Wkday_price:
$0.50  
County_seat:
Sun_price: