Seguin Gazette @ Seguin

The Seguin Gazette's title was the last of a long string of titles dating back to 1846 as the Seguin Mercury. In 1896 William H. Bryan purchased the Seguin Anchor and changed its name to Guadalupe Gazette. Several years later it was consolidated to become the Seguin Gazette-Bulletin. The newspaper in the early 1930s also purchased the Seguiner Zeitung, a German language newspaper that had served Seguin for more than 50 years. The Gazette sold to Taylor Communications in July 1979 and consolidated into the Seguin Gazette-Enterprise and turned into a daily newspaper. John Taylor, who was Texas Press Association president in 1975-76, was publisher. Southern Newspapers Inc. is the current owner. Founded: 1888
Phys_addr:
1012 Schriewer Rd.  
Po_addr:
PO Box 1200
Phys_city_st_zip:
Seguin, TX 78155-7473  
Po_city_st_zip:
Seguin, TX 78156-1200
   
 
Tpa_member:
Yes  
Texscan:
Yes
Phone_v:
830-379-5402  
Phone_fax:
830-379-8328
   
 
Email:
editor@seguingazette.com  
Web_addr:
http://seguingazette.com
   
 
Publisher:
Jeff Fowler  
County_name:
Guadalupe
Editor:
Chris Lykins  
City_pop:
25175
Ad_director:
James Jones  
County_pop:
131533
   
 
Pub_days:
Daily (Ex Mon Sat)  
Circulation:
4822
Page_size:
6x21  
 
Col_width:
1.65  
Sen_dist:
21, 25
   
Con_dist:
15
In_county:
$79.00  
St_rep_dist:
44
Out_of_county:
$125.00  
 
Wkday_price:
$0.50  
County_seat:
Yes
Sun_price:
$1.25