The Paris News @ Paris

The Paris News was formed in July 1869 when A.H. Boyd sold his newspaper The North Texan to a family member, Austin Pollard Boyd who published his own newspaper. Boyd merged the two operations and printed a daily newspaper in Paris for the next 32 years. After the death of A.P. Boyd in 1902 his wife and his son, Sayer, continued publication of the paper, now known as The News, until 1920, when the operation was sold to a locally organized stock company, North Texas Publishing Co. North Texas Publishing Co. sold the newspaper to Harte-Hanks in 1929. A.G. Mayse was named publisher and within a few short years the paper's format was altered and renamed The Paris Evening News, only to have its name changed once again in 1937 to The Paris News, the name by which it is known today. On Dec. 31, 1986, Harte-Hanks sold The Paris News to Worrell Communications, which three years later sold the operation to Southern Newspapers Inc., and Mike Graxiola was named publisher. The Paris News serves five counties including Lamar, Delta, Red River and Fannin in Northeast Texas, and Choctaw County in Southeast Oklahoma. Founded: 1869
Phys_addr:
5050 Loop 286 SE  
Po_addr:
PO Box 1078
Phys_city_st_zip:
Paris, TX 75460-6576  
Po_city_st_zip:
Paris, TX 75461-1078
   
 
Tpa_member:
Yes  
Texscan:
Yes
Phone_v:
903-785-8744  
Phone_fax:
903-785-1263
   
 
Email:
editor@theparisnews.com  
Web_addr:
http://theparisnews.com
   
 
Publisher:
J.D. Davidson  
County_name:
Lamar
Editor:
J.D. Davidson  
City_pop:
25171
Ad_director:
Bren Cobb  
County_pop:
49793
   
 
Pub_days:
Daily (Ex Sat)  
Circulation:
8659
Page_size:
6x21.5  
 
Col_width:
1.667  
Sen_dist:
1
   
Con_dist:
4
In_county:
$141.00  
St_rep_dist:
1
Out_of_county:
$177.00  
 
Wkday_price:
$0.75  
County_seat:
Yes
Sun_price:
$1.50