New Braunfels, Herald-Zeitung @ New Braunfels

A tale of two languages aptly describes the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung. It was Nov. 12, 1852, when the first issue of the Neu-Braunfelser Zeitung appeared. The Zeitung provided the news exclusively in German. After the death of partners G.F. Oheim in 1947 and B.F. Nebergall in 1948, Oheim's son Frederic saw the need to change to an English publication. The Zeitung continued to provide news in German until shortly after it celebrated its 100th anniversary and German subscriber numbers fell below 1,000. By 1957 Oheim and Claude Scruggs, publisher of the New Braunfels Herald, agreed to consolidate the two papers into one weekly. The Herald was founded in 1892. Today, the Herald-Zeitung is owned by Southern Newspapers. Founded: 1852
Phys_addr:
549 Landa St.  
Po_addr:
PO Drawer 311328
Phys_city_st_zip:
New Braunfels, TX 78130  
Po_city_st_zip:
New Braunfels, TX 78131-1328
   
 
Tpa_member:
Yes  
Texscan:
Yes
Phone_v:
830-625-9144  
Phone_fax:
830-625-1224
   
 
Email:
news@herald-zeitung.com  
Web_addr:
http://herald-zeitung.com
   
 
Publisher:
Neice Bell  
County_name:
Comal
Editor:
Shawn Lewis  
City_pop:
57740
Ad_director:
David Burck  
County_pop:
108472
   
 
Pub_days:
Daily (Ex Mon)  
Circulation:
7893
Page_size:
6x21  
 
Col_width:
1.555  
Sen_dist:
25
   
Con_dist:
15, 21, 35
In_county:
$105.00  
St_rep_dist:
44, 73
Out_of_county:
$105.00  
 
Wkday_price:
$0.50  
County_seat:
Yes
Sun_price:
$1.50