Azle News @ Azle

The Azle News started May 7, 1959, as the Azle Banner, published by JoAnn Fitzgerald. Melton Dimock purchased it in November 1965 and changed the name to The Azle News, moving it from rented facilities on West Main to Highway 199. By the time Dimock sold it in June 1975 to Dean Singleton, circulation had grown from 600 to 4,500. In 1976, Singleton sold to a group led by James Roberts of Andrews. Publishers Don Richards (1976-78), Glenn Rea (1978-87), and Bob Buckel (1987-present) have guided it since then. In 1994, 1997 and again in 2004, the Azle News won Texas Press Association's Sweepstakes award. Buckel served as Texas Press Association's president in 2002-03. The Azle News also publishes The Springtown Epigraph, and the newspapers have 15 employees. After 25 years on Highway 199, The Azle News moved into a new 5,120-square-foot building at 321 West Main in January 2002. Founded: 1959
Phys_addr:
321 W. Main St.  
Po_addr:
321 W. Main St.
Phys_city_st_zip:
Azle, TX 76020-2903  
Po_city_st_zip:
Azle, TX 76020-2903
   
 
Tpa_member:
Yes  
Texscan:
Yes
Phone_v:
817-270-3340  
Phone_fax:
817-270-5300
   
 
Email:
Publisher@azlenews.net  
Web_addr:
http://azlenews.net
   
 
Publisher:
Kim Ware  
County_name:
Tarrant
Editor:
Mark Campbell  
City_pop:
10947
Ad_director:
Kim Ware  
County_pop:
1809034
   
 
Pub_days:
Wed.  
Circulation:
3295
Page_size:
6x21  
 
Col_width:
1.833  
Sen_dist:
12, 30
   
Con_dist:
12
In_county:
$36.00  
St_rep_dist:
61, 99
Out_of_county:
$42.50  
 
Wkday_price:
$1.00  
County_seat:
Sun_price: