Back

Snyder Daily News @ Snyder

The Snyder Daily News' current owner is Snyder Publishing Co., headed by president and publisher Roy McQueen, Texas Press Association president 1989-90. On May 1, 1950, the first issue of the Snyder Daily News came off the press. Herbert Feather was in partnership with Harte-Hanks. Feather later purchased The News from Harte-Hanks in 1957. In 1976 the present owners took over. On April 17, 1911, E.B. Barnes changed his paper The Snyder Signal into the Snyder Daily Signal. On April 29, 1911, it was announced that the Western Light and Snyder Signal would no longer be published as separate papers. On May 5, 1911, Hardy combined The Western Light with the Snyder Signal. During 1927 James Autry returned to Snyder and he, J.B. and Bill Autry started The Snyder News and published it until 1929. In that year, Willard Jones and J.C. Smyth bought The Times-Signal and changed its name to The Scurry County Times. In May 1929 the Autrys sold to Jones and Smith. In 1949 The Scurry County Times was sold to Harte-Hanks and the name was changed to The News. Founded: 1950
Phys_addr:
3600 College Ave.  
Po_addr:
PO Box 949
Phys_city_st_zip:
Snyder, TX 79549-4637  
Po_city_st_zip:
Snyder, TX 79550-0949
   
 
Tpa_member:
Yes  
Texscan:
Yes
Phone_v:
325-573-5486  
Phone_fax:
325-573-0044
   
 
Email:
 
Web_addr:
http://snyderdailynews.com
   
 
Publisher:
Bill Crist  
County_name:
Scurry
Editor:
Ben Barkley  
City_pop:
11202
Ad_director:
 
County_pop:
16921
   
 
Pub_days:
Daily (Ex Sun)  
Circulation:
3096
Page_size:
6x21  
 
Col_width:
1.67  
Sen_dist:
28
   
Con_dist:
19
In_county:
$108.00  
St_rep_dist:
83
Out_of_county:
$138.00  
 
Wkday_price:
$0.75  
County_seat:
Yes
Sun_price:
$1.25