Back

Jackson County Herald-Tribune @ Edna

The Jackson County Herald-Tribune is looking forward to its 100th anniversary in 2006. H.K. Staples started the Edna Herald in 1906 and owned it until selling to Chester Evans in 1951. The Ganado Tribune was originally owned by a Hallettsville company. Evans sold to John and Vera Mae Harrah in 1965. In 1971 Fred V. Barbee and Dick Elam purchased the Herald and the Tribune. In 1987 Charles Cox Jr. bought both and a year later sold to six Edna businessmen Joe Hermes, David Rose, Mark Rose, Dennis Simons, Harrison Stafford II and Willard Ulbricht. On June 6, 1991, the Edna and Ganado papers were combined into one larger newspaper and renamed the Jackson County Herald-Tribune. The current location at 306 N. Wells St. in Edna was constructed in 1962 under Evans ownership. On May 1, 2006 Jim Moser purchased the newspaper. Joining Moser in the acquisition was Glenn Rea, publisher of the Cuero Record. Founded: 1906
Phys_addr:
306 N. Wells  
Po_addr:
PO Box 1099
Phys_city_st_zip:
Edna, Texas 77957  
Po_city_st_zip:
Edna,Texas 77957
   
 
Tpa_member:
Yes  
Texscan:
Yes
Phone_v:
361-782-3547  
Phone_fax:
361-782-6002
   
 
Email:
clundstrom@jacksonconews.com  
Web_addr:
http://jacksonconews.com
   
 
Publisher:
Chris Lundstrom  
County_name:
Jackson
Editor:
Chris Lundstrom  
City_pop:
5499
Ad_director:
Chelsea Slusher  
County_pop:
14075
   
 
Pub_days:
Wednesday  
Circulation:
2292
Page_size:
6x21.5  
 
Col_width:
1.69  
Sen_dist:
18
   
Con_dist:
27
In_county:
35  
St_rep_dist:
85
Out_of_county:
45  
 
Wkday_price:
$1.00  
County_seat:
Yes
Sun_price: