1. New Braunfels Herald Zeitung, Great website and I’m impressed by your economic model.
2. Taylor Daily Press, Great! A website that’s simple to navigate and has people talking (posting comments)! Bravo!
3. Victoria Advocate, You guys are fearless. Bravo for being so ambitious with video.
4. Mineral Wells Index, Really good website. Classified search bar at top is the best idea I’ve seen in quite a while.
1. The Bastrop Advertiser, First-rate website. I must admit I wondered why “news” is beneath “the fold.”
2. Beeville Bee-Picayune, Excellent website. I can understand why you get so many visits - tons of news & photos.
3. The Highlander, Marble Falls, Nice - ambitious and well-written.
4. The Canyon News, Finally, a website that is simple to navigate. Bravo! Resist all efforts to clutter it up.
Weekly Division A
1. Hays Free Press, Kyle/Buda, Reminds me of the LA Times website. Great layout. Photo use is excellent. Easy navigation. Ads are not too obnoxious like they tend to be on other news websites.
2. The Smithville Times, Great, except for blank space in lower right-hand corner of page.
3. The River Cities Sunday Tribune, Marble Falls, Great. Keep content fresh.
4. Pearland Journal, Dominant news photo should go with top story.
Weekly Division B
1. The Ellis County Press, Ferris, Some blank space on page. Takes away from design quality.
2. Westlake Picayune, Austin, Ads are a little obnoxious but the rest is good.
3. Mission Progress Times, Newsflash bar is good. Site would be improved with larger photos.
4. The Waller County News Citizen, Hempstead, Banner ad is bigger than the website name on the top.