James R. "Jim" Hudson, the son of Harold and Jane Hudson and 116th president, assumed the position of publisher of The Perryton Herald after the death of his father in 1991. Harold Hudson was president of TPA in 1967-68.
Hudson began his career at The Ochiltree County Herald when the Hudson family purchased control of the newspaper in 1959.
At age 9, Hudson worked in the mailroom, then, when the Herald became a semiweekly and changed its name to The Perryton Herald in 1962, he became one of the first newspaper carriers.
He earned a BBA in 1973 from the University of Texas at Austin and moved to Houston and worked for Mustang Tractor and Equipment Co. until 1985 when he returned to Perryton to be general manager of The Perryton Herald.
He was president of Panhandle Press Association in 1987-88.